Monday, October 22, 2007

lots of yuck

Oh wow, where do I begin to catch up...I really need to start doing this more often.
this weekend was lots of fun, Papa G and Mimi came down and we took Owen to a pumpkin patch. He LOVES pumpkins these days so it was a super adventure for him. He calls them "Puh-Puh's" The pumpkin patch had a petting zoo so he also got to visit with some animal friends. We took a tractor (Tat-tah in owen speak!) driven wagon out to the patch and he ran around to every pumpkin he could get to and tried to pick it up.It was so much fun to watch! He also loved the hay maze and tried climbing the bales.

Fast forward to today. Starbuck had to fly to New Orleans in the worst weather ever. When he was safely there, I relaxed for a minute only to get a call from mama saying that daddy is in the hopsital with chest pains. They are testing him for everything under the sun, trying to rule everything out. I hope they find something but not something bad. We should know more tomorrow...maybe.
Starbuck managed to make it home tonight after a long flight delay in which he was missing off my radar. I couldn't get him on the phone and every flight tracking website came up void of his flight. It was horrible! Finally he did make it home, but only after the cats and I spent a terrified hour, hiding from a ghost. I heard a male voice mumbling (the cats heard it and came running) and the kitchen blinds moved for no reason then I heard a vibrating buzz...that one freaked the cats out as well. Oh the joy.
Now we are all safely locked in the house listening to the wind howling outside. This is setting the mood for a spooky halloween...

No comments: